Bad Pictures

So today I tried several things new in the film lab ( otherwise known as the guest bathroom).  One was the Cinestill TCS 1000 temperature control device.  I’ve tended to use liquid developers because they had high dilution factors making it easier to get the temperature correct.  Just get the tap water at the right temperature and then add the small amount of developer to the mix.  But this limits what developer you can use ( for example I shy away from D-76 either straight or 1:1 because of this). The TCS 1000 agitates and temperature corrects and it all seems to work well. 

The second adventure didn’t turn out so well.  I tried the FilmPhotographyProject version of the mono bath ( Develop-Stop-Fix) all in one solution. I made the mistake of not having it in the ‘soup’ long enough so the negatives came out under fixed.  The grain was huge!  I was using Kentmere 400.  They do warn that ISO at or above 400 may not do well with the mono bath.  I will give it another try with correcting these deficiencies of mine.

Using Format