Forget what you think you know about the ‘nanny photography’, Vivian Maier. This new book is well researched and sets asides all the myths and untruths about this amazing photographer.
- She was a hoarder which only came out later in life
- Hoarding included her photography - she was a complete unknown because she hoarded her photography
- Because she collected all sorts of things she had huge storage bills which she neglected to pay and that’s why her stuff was seen by the outside world
- She was Phil Donahue’s nanny for awhile
- Rarely did she print her own pictures - many rolls were left undeveloped
- Retrospective psychological analysis ( always a bit of a reach) suggests she also had a personality disorder